Instagram Touch of Beauté: 5 Minute MakeupFollow @touchofbeaute

Saturday 1 February 2014

5 Minute Makeup


As the title suggests, this is a make up look to do in 5 minutes which is great for those days you've hit the snooze button too many times. In my case, this happens most days as I have to be up at stupid ours to catch the train. I may skip some of these steps depending on how much time I have but you can alter these steps for your own preference.



So, after cleansing and moisturising I start with foundation (if I have an extra minute I will apply primer, I use Benefit Porefessional - great stuff!) I have recently started using Nars Sheer Glow, as I mentioned in our last post; Ultimate Beauté Favourites, and it has become my favourite foundation. I buff his into the skin with my Real Techniques buffing brush but fingers work just as well, especially if you're in a hurry!

Again, as spoken about in our last post: the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I cannot big this up enough, it has everything you would want from a concealer; great coverage, doesn't crease or slip and its so so affordable! I just put this under my eyes and on any imperfections or blemishes gentley with my fingertips. I do think that 'less is more' with this product; i find you only need a small amount to get the coverage you need or in can become a bit cakey if you apply too much.




I think mascara is important in any make up look so it definitly makes it to my everyday routine. <BEAUTY SHOCKER ALERT> I will literally use any mascara, I am yet to find a mascara that doesn't do the job, or does the job better than any others, so any mascara will do for me but at the moment I am using the Rimmel Scandle Eyes mascara.
Also on my eyes I use a little bit of black pencil eye liner on my water line and sometimes will use a bit of cream eyeshadow on my lids for a bit of colour, I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos; a great dupe for the MAC Paintpots.

An absolute must for me is powder due to my oily/combo skin and the powder I use is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade 001 Transparent. This does a perfect job of setting my make up and getting rid of any shine or oils through out the day, and so affordable too! An absolute saint.



To contour on an everyday basis I like to use the Sleek Face Form Palette. This is just fab for a quick contour job as it has everything you need in one palette. I use the contour powder in the hollows of my cheeks to define my cheek bones. I don't tend to use both the blush and the highlight together, I will either use one or the other (as they are both quite shimmery) depending on how I'm feeling. 

For lips I am absolutely loving the Revlon Lip Butter in the shade pink truffle, I talked about this in our last post (go check that out) its just a lovely lovely everyday lip colour that is super hydrating too.

Thanks for reading, All our love xx
P.S sorry we are late posting this, very hectic day yesterday 

Follow us on twitter @touchofbeaute
Follow us on intagram @touchofbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment